The New South Wales Government is accelerating development at what is already one of Australia’s largest health and research zones, establishing Westmead Health and Innovation District as a global centre for new discoveries, commercialisation, treatment, education, and training.
With a focus on innovative models of health care enhanced by emerging technologies, data analytics and industry partnerships, Westmead will house new industries and research partnerships that deliver jobs for NSW and better medical care for the world.
The district includes four major hospitals, four world-leading medical research institutes, two university campuses and the largest research-intensive pathology service in NSW.
By 2036 the number of full-time staff will increase to more than 50,000 and the number of students will expand to more than 10,000.
Among the first projects for development is a viral vector advanced manufacturing facility to provide ground-breaking trial therapies for infections, cancer and genetic diseases.
NSW can help you become part of Westmead Health and Innovation District by providing:
- market intelligence and investment opportunities
- support for business case development
- identification of suitable investment locations and partners in NS
- facilitation of familiarisation visits to NSW
- advice on NSW government programs and approval processes
- connections with government contacts and the local business network.
Want to get involved? Complete the Contact Us form and someone from our Investment Concierge will be in touch.