NSW Technologies to Singapore
Focus on cyber security, RegTech and MedTech
The NSW Technologies to Singapore Program will support market ready NSW tech businesses in the areas of cyber security, RegTech or MedTech to launch or grow their business in Singapore. NSW will provide tailored trade services to selected NSW businesses through a 12-month program of activities with Singapore technology ecosystem experts, mentors and partners to identify business opportunities and implement a Singapore export strategy.
Introductory exporting workshops
- Singapore Tech Trends – workshop with tech and Singapore market experts to introduce the current market trends and tech opportunities, including Australia-Singapore bilateral agreements.
- NSW Tech Success in Singapore – tailored session to meet and ask questions of NSW tech businesses that have successfully entered the Singapore market.
Market intelligence briefings and cultural training
November 2020 - March 2021
- Singapore doing business culture: Informational session on history, language, culture & values.
- Doing business in Singapore: Informational sessions on understanding the business landscape and undertaking due diligence, including developing partnerships in Singapore, sector specific market considerations, intellectual property (IP), tax considerations etc).
- Cracking Singapore cyber security, MedTech and RegTech challenges – small group deep dive workshops on challenges and high-potential opportunities for each tech segment to help refine participant’s market-entry strategy.
- Bespoke mentoring sessions: to ensure participants have access to tools and insights to support their accelerated growth, developing and refining growth plans.
Potential partner introductions and business matching
March - May 2021
- Preparing to Pitch: workshop on developing your pitch and the use of pitch decks.
- Potential partner introductions and business matching: tailored services including competitor analysis, and meetings with government, customers, distributors and partners including in-market Entrepreneurs in Residence.
Market visits and/or virtual roundtables, in-market assistance and logistical support
- Curated program aligned with a Singapore tech festival such as Singapore Fintech Festival or Money 20/20 providing access to potential partners, VCs, customers and Singapore government regulators (when available).
Industry networking opportunities and site visits
- Singapore Site Visits – To be determined based on the Australia and Singapore governments’ COVID-19 travel restrictions. Site visits may occur virtually if physical travel is not permitted.
Ongoing advice and follow up
- Ongoing support, advice and referrals from NSW Government in Singapore and Sydney to facilitate continued discussions with customers and partners and provide ongoing advice and referrals
- Program de-brief
- Outcomes including case studies
This Program is subject to change
Registrations have closed for the NSW Going Global Program and are now being processed.
If you have questions about this program, please contact the NSW Global Concierge on 02 8222 4888 or send an enquiry via the Contact Us form (select the 'Export from NSW' option).
To determine which program best suits your needs please view the Information Session recordings available below;